Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A word about automation

This past weekend we were all sick, we're all still a little sick but at least functioning. Lucy seems to be the best of us. Being sick prompted major cravings for comfort food. I thought I couldn't live without cinnamon rolls...but I could. They still sound soooo good. However, I couldn't withstand temptation for a big plate of macaroni and cheese. My body has retained a little more than I would have liked and I spent the day Sunday, parked on the couch, hardly moving a muscle. It was frustrating (to say the least) to see a higher number on the scale, but I know it's just temporary. Here is where automation comes in. If I hadn't already had my meals planned for the next week and had some things prepared, it would have been so easy to give in and say, "well, I messed it up, I guess it's over." But when I know exactly what I'm going to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner the next day, it's much easier to get back on the horse. Even if the horse weighs more than I want it to.

On a positive note, I made really low carb, low fat pizza last night and it turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors