Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Silent Partner

So this is my first post on Anna's fitnesss blog. It couldn't really be called Trim Down Together if I didn't contribute something. I likely won't be contributing as often as my skinnier half, but I thought I would a least say hello. Update on me: I won't be as generous with my info, at least not until it is really something to brag about. I have, thanks to all the work Anna has put in, lost about 15 lbs to date. To be fair, I haven't changed anything except my food intake. I will be adding exercise soon. I also have been a bigger cheater than Anna has. (I won't list my offenses as they have been many.) I will say that if you make a change, there are rewards and it does work.

This isn't my first foray in to weight loss. Shortly before I met Anna, I lost 70 lbs over 18 months. I was on the Atkins diet and working out 8-12 hours a week. What I didn't do, and what I am determined to do this time, is make a permanent change in my diet. I am acquainted with, and have been, the type of person who commits only to the short term fix of extreme exercise and crash diets. They can't be sustained and so they don't last. I turned 30 in the fall and I wanted to make some real change that will endure. I have confidence that the changes we are making will help me in that goal.

There are a lot of things that have gotten better in the last 6 weeks. I feel better, I don't have the energy highs and lows as much, and I am sleeping better. I have also stopped snoring as much. Part of the reason I am taking the change slower is that I want this to last. I'm thinking of this more as a long distance race. I want to set a pace of change I can maintain. I don't want to get burnt out. Right now, all I have done is committed to eat a high protein breakfast (quiche cups or boiled eggs) a good salad (no cheese or fatty dressing) with some protein for lunch and a snack of fruit in the afternoon. That's all I have done. No exercise. So give that some thought. I can echo Anna's sentiment that knowing what I am going to eat each day has made it so much easier. If I had to choose each day, I wouldn't have been able to. Most of the credit goes to Anna for all the work she puts in.

I don't know how long it will be before you hear from me again. I will check in when I get to -20 lbs.

TO

1 comment:

Followers

Contributors