Monday, January 11, 2010

A coincidence? I think not.

So the year I decide to get serious about losing weight is the year that Taco Bell pushes their Fresco menu with their "Drive Thru Diet" campaign. It's like it's pleading with me...don't leave us. See...we have healthy choices, we can still be friends, right? I did really good this week, I mean, really good. I wasn't tempted by the unfinished carton of ice cream that is in the freezer or eat after dinner any night this week. I have been working really hard and it's paying off. I was really worried going into the weekend that I would royally mess things up, but I didn't. I stayed the course, and I can tell you, Monday morning, it was worth it. I lost 7 pounds last week. I know a lot of it is water and that the weight loss will slow down a lot this week, so I set my goal for this week is to lose just two pounds (as it will be for every week from here on out) so I got on the scale this morning and I was already down another two pounds, so here I am at 157.8! That's almost ten pounds!!!! So, my new goal is to be at 155.9. If I could just see 155. I'm having some hormonal changes this week so I know my exercise and water intake will be critical but hopefully I can get through it okay.

Good things that happened last week: I didn't eat after dinner at all. (A big problem for me)
I worked out 6 days. (No exercising on Sunday...Sacrament meeting with a toddler is enough of a work out)
I turned down sour candy at the movies!?! Can you believe it!?
I ate taco bell on my diet. Let me repeat that. I ate Taco Bell on my diet. The fresco crunchy tacos are great, they fulfill my fast food craving and are a good mix of fat, carbs, and protien which is what this diet is all about...balance.

So to sum up, I kicked booty last week...I'm hoping this week will be just as good.

Bad things that happened: I am TOTALLY sick of salad. Already. I think it's the dressing. I'm going to put on low fat cottage cheese as the dressing today and see how that goes. I'm just getting tired of chewing lettuce.

One obstacle coming my way is my annual family Christmas party on Saturday. I know it's after Christmas but our family is huge and by huge I really mean gigantic. My Grandmother has over 100 great-grandchildren. I think the number is up to 107 or 108 and seriously, it seems like my cousins are multiplying by the day. Anyway-the food there is fantastic and I'm not going to deprive myself but I have come up with a plan. There is a pop table but I will bring my water bottle. I will eat a normal breakfast in the morning, which these days has been a peice of fruit, some almonds, and a boiled egg. I will have one plate of food, whatever I want, and one plate of dessert, whatever I want, and that's it. Then I'll have a peice of fruit and some almonds on the way home around normal dinner time and call it good for the day.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors