Friday, January 15, 2010

Book Review: Somersize Desserts

Cover of "Somersize Desserts"Cover of Somersize Desserts

I've been waiting for the Zone cookbooks to come in at the library and it seems like it's taking forever. I guess we're not the only ones who made New Years Resolutions. Anyway, I was at the library the other day and I thought I'd go through the healthy cookbooks and see if there was anything I could, "Zoneify." I've heard myths of Zoneified Lasagna and Enchiladas. Anyway, I passed by this book on the shelf, Somersize Desserts by Suzanne Somers. My review, two thumbs down. The book is really just an advertisement for her sugar-replacement product called, "Somersweet." The recipes just exchange sugar for this Somersweet. All the butter, heavy cream, caramel sauce, whole milk ricotta are still called for. It's sad that these are the recipes proclaimed to help someone lose weight. Unless this Somersweet is cut with Ephedrine I don't think anyone is going to be losing weight eating these indulgent sweets. Granted, she does have some healthy smoothie type recipes, but really not enough to counter the cheesecake, creme brulee, and souffles the book is stocked with. Guilt-free? No, I think not. "Losing weight never tasted so good." She's got it half right.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors