Thursday, January 14, 2010

Butter? Is that Butter I taste?

Tonight, I went to my monthly book club. I knew the host would have a lovely (and fattening) dessert prepared. I went into it a little unsure about how I would handle the situation...should I eat it? Should I ask for a small portion of whatever it is, etc? I was worried that in the face of temptation I would ate the whole thing. So...this scrumptious chocolate-chip coffee cake with a crumb topping was placed before me. I took a bite. It was so good I had almost forgotten about butter, but this certainly reminded me. I remembered the "three bite rule," someone had mentioned in a success story in Shape Magazine so I decided to try it. I had three, normal sized bites and enjoyed each morsel. Then I added it into my "Lose It," app where I keep track of all my calories and realized that a serving of coffee cake is really fattening. So, I added in my little three bite serving and was totally happy with what I had and what I gave up. I felt like I was being a little rude to the host by not finishing it, but I wasn't the only one and I'm glad I did. I'll definitely have to get the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors