Saturday, April 10, 2010

Victory!




Whose legs are those??? Oh, they're mine. >:) That's my emoticon for a devilish grin. We went to the Gap today so I could try on jeans. To me, Gap Jeans are the gold-standard of sizing. Because they don't stretch as much they tend to fit a little smaller so if you're an 8 at the Gap, you might be a 10 at other places. One of my goals going into this weight loss project was to fit into a Gap size 4 and to be a comfortable 6 everywhere else. So, today-we went to the Gap. I figured I would be a size 8 but took the 10s, 8s and 6s into the dressing room with me. I wasn't there to buy---hello---ever heard of Plato's? Anyway, I tried on the 8s first and they really fit great but I knew if I lost any more weight they'd be too big too fast, you know? So, I tried on the 6s and lo and behold they actually fit really well. I was SHOCKED when I slipped my leg into them so easily. I had Tony take a picture to document the event. I felt like Sister Skinny at the end of her journey. Watching that video always makes me cry, btw. I didn't know when he was actually taking it which is why I cropped out my head...I looked really silly.

The last time I fit into a size 6 from the Gap was back then:


8-23-03

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Anna. It's a great thing when a body and it's appetites are dominated by the mind. I felt like it was a spiritual experience and how Heavenly Father expected us to take charge of our bodies. Isn't it great when our bodies and spirits match! Less hassles, less temptation, more time for the important things in life! We're spitting in the evil one's eye by being in control. thanks for proving it over again. You're another Blockhead Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Anna! I agree, Gap jeans are the best! I just found some new favorites a few weeks ago, and I had a great coupon so I splurged. And it was worth every penny to get jeans I love.

    By the way, I noticed how cute you were looking yesterday, so slim and trim in your springy dress! Sorry I didn't get a chance to tell you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors