Monday, March 15, 2010

A Scale-less Experiment

I am giving up my scale for two weeks. I am motivated by this post from my friend Teri on her blog, A Foodie Stays Fit. It really got me thinking. I weigh myself every day and I let the number dictate how I feel. I weigh myself first thing in the morning, that's when you're supposed to be the lightest right? So, I lay in bed after waking, thinking..."what is the highest number the scale can say that I can be happy with?" I want to think about how strong I've become, how my endurance has improved and have that make me happy instead of a number. I feel like I'm taking a risk because there are only three weeks until my "reveal." What if I don't listen to my body well enough or what if going without the scale stresses me out and I gain weight? I hoping it will have the opposite effect, that I will be less stressed without the scale and just feel better. I won't get to my "goal weight" by 4/5, but I never intended to do that. I had wanted to lose 20 pounds by then and it looks like I'll hit 30. So, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors