Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Oh man, confessional time

I seriously fell off the wagon this weekend. And the wagon ended up plowing into Monday as well. I think my down fall was not planning well enough and not following through with what I had committed to do. On Friday, I went to a girl's night get-together and told myself to eat one small plate of food. I did have a really light dinner beforehand in anticipation...but after seeing that really good dip my friend made, which is essentially bad fat and bad carbs mixed together...I couldn't keep myself away from it. And did I mention I made brownies to take? I did mix in some flax meal and added some chopped walnuts, but it doesn't really matter when you eat 4! Then on Saturday I did really well for breakfast and lunch but then we had family over for dinner and I ate my fair share of junk and two healthy helping of dessert. Sunday was really fine...I indulged in some coleslaw but other than that the day was pretty good. Monday I was gone all day and not in the mood to make dinner so we stopped on the way home for a hot and ready. Throw in some sugary soda calories and that explains the 2-3lb weight gain over the weekend. I know, I'm obsessed with the scale but that's an issue I'll address some other time. Last week I saw 139 on the scale...it was probably a fluke but I was so excited, then I battled 141 and 140 all week, I was 140 on Friday, and then I've steadily climbed up since then. I am thinking that Jillian Michael's may be causing me to gain muscle weight-which is good, but I don't think I'm ready for toning yet, I'm really interested in burning fat. So, for the rest of this week I'm doing a cardio only experiment. I'm going to do low-intensity cardio for longer periods of time (90 minutes) and we'll see what happens. I'll report back maybe Monday. We're going away this weekend but to my in-laws. They'll have healthy choices for me there. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors