Monday, July 12, 2010

i am still here

I've still been working out, I've REALLY relaxed in my diet but I've been exercising when I can and accepting other forms of exercise, like playing in the pool.  We've been having a lot of fun this summer and I've even lost a couple pounds.  I'm happy maintaining.  It's been effortless so far.  The biggest thing I think I can contribute to my success was a little idea my MIL shared with me.  She told me to keep track of my weight in a little notebook and what I did for exercise that day.  I write in it everyday-even if I gained and even if I didn't exercise at all.  But being able to go back and look at everything I've done for the last 6 months has made such a difference.  On days I just want to pig out, I look at all the miles I've cycled, it's got to be in the hundreds, and how far I've come, I don't want to give up.  It's been a good reminder and motivator for me to stay healthy.  It's so much better to diet in the summer when produce is so much cheaper, everyone should start their resolutions in June instead of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contributors